The Castor Cake
is obtained during the crushing of castor seeds, which contains 9% castor oil.Castor Cake is a natural nitrogen fertilizer (solid residue obtained from the treatment of seeds for castor oil), plant origin, rich in nitrogen, trace elements and organic matter. It is a simple manure, which acts progressively that encourages soil microbial activity. Castor Cake is one of the most versatile natural manures. It is truly an organic manure which enhances the fertility of the soil without causing any damage or decay. It is enriched with the three big elements vital and conducive to the proper growth of crops - Nitrogen, Phosphorus and Potassium. It also has traces of nutrients like Manganese, Zinc and Copper, thus making it a balanced fertilizer. Moreover, it helps to neutralize the detrimental effects of chemical fertilizers. Apart from their contribution to Nutrients, they have a number of benefits in agriculture, which none of the synthetic fertilizers or pesticides can offer. They bring in the wonderful molecules that nature has designed to help the plants flourish naturally. They provide slow and steady nourishment, stimulation, protection from soil nematodes and insects, improve yields, and quality of product like taste, flavor, amino acid composition etc.
It also contains some micro nutrients viz., Calcium, Magnesium, Sulphur, Iron, Zinc, Manganese, Copper etc.
- It provides all the major & minor nutrients necessary for better plant growth.
- It also helps in increasing the nutrient uptake by plants.
- It improves the soil fertility and productivity.
- It is known to protect the plants from nematodes and termites.
- It improves the yield & quality of the farm produce.
- It improves the physical, chemical and biological properties of soil